Monday, January 05, 2009

When elections like this get to this granular of a level and it turns into a battle of splitting hairs to confirm who actually won, it starts to get a bit frustrating to deal with. You begin to just expect someone to concede and be done with it. Of course, it is easy to say this when the person you wanted to win is the winner at the time, but what about if it is the person who you do not want to win? To be honest, when it came down to a recount initially, I had assumed that Al lost and was fine with it just being over. Now that it seems Al has one, I am very happy to hear that, but again, it looks like Norm Coleman may try to contest and fight for another recount.

I guess, as Americans, we should be happy that we have a system that goes to such lengths to ensure that our system is being run fairly and that whoever is considered the winner actually deserves to be the winner. I can say that I am happy for that. As an American with the freedom to speak his own mind though, I can also say without persecution, that sometimes the way our systems are designed really annoy the shit out of me!

NYT Minnesota Senate Race

No comments: